Build a Career Changing Lives with Our Human Services Degree
As a Human Services professional, you will provide a broad range of services that assist people in meeting basic human needs, enhancing their quality of life, and addressing obstacles to human growth and development. Our associate degree in Human Services will help you build the core competencies human service employers are looking for including: performing intakes and assessments; conducting interviews and counseling; providing case management; practicing with professionally recognized ethics, values, and cultural competence; understanding the psychology of individuals and groups; and providing effective advocacy. You will promote positive change in individuals, families, and communities. You will assist people in overcoming challenges and barriers that they face in their daily lives. And you will experience the incredible satisfaction of knowing that you made a real and positive difference in the lives of others.
Students must complete the Human Service major core courses and PHIL 105 with a minimum grade of "C-" in each course and a cumulative GPA of 2.3. In addition, students must complete all of the general graduation requirements as stated in the catalog.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Discuss the history and scope of human services.
- Understand various human systems, including individual, interpersonal, group, family, organizational, community and societal and apply appropriate skills when working with those systems.
- Demonstrate effective communication and critical thinking skills.
- Plan services, facilitate interventions and evaluate the outcome of services for those served.
- Perform professional responsibilities in accordance with the values, ethical and legal standards of the human services profession.
- Successfully apply the knowledge, skills and competencies of entry-level human services professionals.
- Additionally, graduates of the Associate in Science will complete the comprehensive learning outcomes of the General Education components.
Find a great career with a Human Services Degree
In order to find success in today’s job market, you need to obtain a degree that will lead to into a great and in-demand career. Our career-focused degree programs are designed to prepare you with the skills and competencies you will need to be successful in many different Human Services careers.
The many career options in the field of Human Services
There are a wide variety of Human Services careers available in many different settings for job seekers that have the right combination of education and experience. Many of our Human Services program graduates can find careers and professions they love as: AS Human Services:
- Case Manager
- Corrections Counselor
- Job Coach
- Probation Assistant
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Social Service Specialist
- Youth Worker