This program prepares students for transfer to four-year institutions to pursue Elementary, Middle School or Secondary Education teaching certifications. Students in this program take courses in education theory and practice and field observations coupled with the general studies required for a successful transfer. Students are introduced to foundations of education, organization, and structure of school systems, teaching the exceptional child, inclusion education, literacies: emergent and content areas, effective teaching techniques, and technology integration in teaching and learning. Students can also explore professional opportunities in business and industry.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Recognize, analyze and evaluate the roles and characteristics of the successful classroom teacher including:
- Skill in classroom management.
- Sensitivity to diversity and special needs of students.
- Use of appropriate learning strategies.
- Promotion of literacy across the curriculum.
- Mastery of subject matter.
- Knowledge of child growth and development.
- Appreciation of the importance of ongoing professional development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the essential components of teaching and learning processes in academic settings as they are articulated by current trends and practices in diverse educational settings.
- Think critically to analyze and evaluate societal, cultural and historical influences that affect education.
For detailed information on all of our academic programs please visit our online catalog http://catalog.brookdalecc.edu/.
About the School
Brookdale Community College is public community college in Lincroft, Monmouth County, New Jersey. Open admissions, ESL/international student support, a safe campus environment, and easy transfer to un ... Read More