The AA in Criminal Justice Education prepares students for careers and furthers studies in fields related to criminal justice, policing, and law. Students gain strong complete coursework in psychology, sociology, and communications as well as specialized training in law enforcement standards and police tactics and techniques. There is also the opportunity for students to complete internships in the law-related fields. Many students who complete the AA in Criminal Justice pursue Bachelor degrees in criminal justice or subjects that prepare them for law school. Criminal Justice Courses:
- CJS 101 Introduction to Criminal Justice
- CJS 102 Police Administration and Operations
- CJS 104 Introduction to Corrections
- CJS 127 Juvenile Delinquency
- CJS 203 Criminal Law
- CJS 209 Criminal Investigation
- SCI 108 Introduction to Forensic Chemistry
- SCI 208 Forensic Science II: Death Analysis
- SOC 202 Sociology of Deviant Behavior
- SOC 204 Criminology
Offering more than 100 Associates Degree and Certificate programs, Parkland College is well known for its small class sizes, state-of-the-art facilities, inclusive learning environment, and personable faculty. Parkland boasts the largest international student body of any 2 year college in the state of Illinois, with more than 300 students representing more than 40 countries. The Associate Degree offers an ideal and inexpensive doorway for international students wanting to enter the American education system. Having worked to perfect their English language skills through the English as a Second Language (ESL) program or earned two years worth of transferable credits, many of Parkland’s international students then transfer on to 4 year universities (2+2 transfer) around the United States, where they continue their educations, earning Baccalaureate and graduate degrees.Parkland College faculty are well accustomed to the challenges faced by international students are experienced in dealing with them. Parkland strives to enhance global awareness and multiculturalism through education and faculty welcome the perspective brought by international students in their classes.
Why Choose Parkland College:
● small class sizes and a personalized education ● Intensive English as a Second Language (ESL) program for non-English speakers ● complete two years and transfer credits to a 4 year university ● in the same city as the University of Illinois, a top research university ● around ½ the yearly cost of 4 year universities ● diverse international student population, more than 300 international students ● faculty focus on global awareness and multiculturalism ● stand out!
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 26, 2017