The associate degree offers concentrations in Studio Art and Art History. The Studio Art concentration is a general curriculum that provides a broad education in the visual arts. The Art History concentration is recommended for those students who wish to pursue a BA in museum studies.
Art AA Degree
Program student learning outcomes
- Students will create a visually balanced artwork using the art elements and design principles.
- Students will produce sustained and developed artworks for inclusion in an artistic portfolio.
- Students will create artworks demonstrating proficiency with basic color theory and color mixing.
- Students will write a personal and individual critique and artist statement describing her/his series of artworks.
- Students will understand visual art concepts and terminology relating to art history and art disciplines, media, materials, and techniques.
- Students will analyze, critique, and respond orally and in writing to a variety of artistic movements throughout European and Non-European history.
Program taught in:
See 9 more programs offered by West Hills College - Coalinga »
Last updated August 6, 2018
This course is