Do you have a talent for working with numbers and organizing information? The demand for skilled Accounting professionals in the workforce continues to increase as employers seek individuals with strong skills and financial competencies. Goodwin College will prepare you to meet their needs and take your place as a valued employee. In our career-oriented associate degree program in Accounting, you will learn to manage bookkeeping and lower-level accounting operations in for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. You will gain experience in entering transactional, adjusting, and closing entries into an accounting system; investigating trial balance discrepancies; managing payroll; and preparing financial reports. As an Accounting professional, you will organize, analyze, summarize, and report financial data through the knowledge and application of accounting concepts and principles. You will strengthen your critical-thinking and problem-solving skills by identifying, gathering, measuring, and summarizing financial data. You will learn to integrate and apply technological skills to accounting and business problems; develop awareness of professional and ethical issues facing the accounting industry; and create professional financial reports and analysis for users of accounting information. Upon completion of the associate degree in Accounting program, you will be prepared to sit for the professional certification in bookkeeping, QuickBooks, and Microsoft Excel. Our program can prepare you to work in a variety of settings as a:
- Accounting Assistant
- Payroll Professional
Accounting Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of all accounting program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Organize, analyze, summarize and report financial data, in an ethical manner, through knowledge and application of accounting concepts and principles.
- Develop critical thinking and problem solving skills by identifying, gathering, measuring and summarizing financial data.
- Integrate and apply technological skills to accounting and business problems.
- Develop awareness of professional and ethical issues facing the accounting industry.
- Create professional financial reports and analysis for users of accounting information.
- Achieve professional certification in bookkeeping, QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel.
A Flexible Accounting Degree
You deserve a college that offers classes on your schedule. At Goodwin, you’ll find class times that fit into your schedule and cater to your needs. Unlike many other accounting degree programs, at Goodwin, we’re all about convenience.
- Accounting classes are offered days, evenings, and weekends.
- Accounting classes are available on-campus and in a hybrid format.
- Take accelerated 7 1/2-week classes or standard 15-week classes.
- The College has 6 class starts annually — so you can apply at any time and the classes you need are available when you need them.