With the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic we wanted to take the time to provide some information about our programs. All our summer classes will be offered online or in a hybrid format to keep with social distancing requirements. Also, Parkland has developed alternative options, should international travel and the US visa process be impacted. New students will have the option to take online courses during our summer and fall terms from their home country at our reduced international online rate. Online college-level credits transfer to most US institutions in the same manner as face-to-face credits.
Should you be unable to obtain an F1 visa appointment/interview and choose to take online courses your next steps are below:
- Complete the online application here
- Complete necessary assessment tests (remotely)
- Meet with an academic advisor to select courses (remotely)
We are here to help you through this process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
With career options that range from office assistant to top-level management, business administration is a popular career field among students planning a transfer to a four-year college or university. Our transfer degree offers freshman and sophomore-level general business courses, as well as courses in accounting, business computer systems, and business law. The business administration program includes courses in general business, accounting, finance, marketing, and management we well as general education courses. The option is available to take most classes in the online format.
The following recommendations apply to courses and programs in all of these fields:
- To transfer into a baccalaureate degree program in business administration as a junior, students need to complete a minimum of 60-semester credits.
- Students are strongly encouraged to complete an A.S. degree prior to transfer. Since admission is competitive, completion of the recommended courses does not guarantee admission.
- Students should plan their transfer programs with a Parkland academic advisor or counselor and the degree requirements of the four-year college or university they plan to attend.
Offering more than 100 Associates Degree and Certificate programs, Parkland College is well known for its small class sizes, state-of-the-art facilities, inclusive learning environment, and personable faculty. Parkland boasts the largest international student body of any 2 year college in the state of Illinois, with more than 300 students representing more than 40 countries.
The Associate Degree offers an ideal and inexpensive doorway for international students wanting to enter the American education system. Having worked to perfect their English language skills through the English as a Second Language (ESL) program or earned two years worth of transferable credits, many of Parkland’s international students then transfer on to 4 year universities (2+2 transfer) around the United States, where they continue their educations, earning Baccalaureate and graduate degrees.
Parkland College faculty are well accustomed to the challenges faced by international students are experienced in dealing with them. Parkland strives to enhance global awareness and multiculturalism through education and faculty welcome the perspective brought by international students in their classes.
Why Choose Parkland College
- Small class sizes and a personalized education
- Intensive English as a Second Language (ESL) program for Non-English speakers
- Complete two years and transfer credits to a 4 year university
- In the same city as the University of Illinois, a top research university
- Around ½ the yearly cost of 4-year universities
- A diverse international student population, more than 300 international students
- Faculty focus on global awareness and multiculturalism
- Stand out!
With career options that range from office assistant to top-level management, business administration is a popular career field among students planning a transfer to a four-year college or university.
Our transfer degree offers freshman and sophomore-level general business courses, as well as courses in accounting, business computer systems, and business law. Business careers are readily available in many locations and can include a high income, especially if you have a bachelor’s or master’s degree. Every person in our society will ultimately need to understand business as a part of their career and in their personal lives, so these programs and courses should be the first area of study for students who are unsure of their career and education plans.
Business administration programs include courses and majors in general business, accounting, finance, marketing, and management. The following recommendations apply to courses and programs in all of these. To transfer into a baccalaureate degree program in business administration as a junior, students need to complete a minimum of 60-semester credits. Students are strongly encouraged to complete an A.S. degree prior to transfer.
Required Business Core Courses
- ACC 101 Financial Accounting
- ACC 102 Managerial Accounting
- CSC 105 Introduction to Computers and their Application to Business and Commerce
CIS 200 Business Computer Systems
- MAT 141* Finite Mathematics
MAT 145* Linear Algebra for Business
MAT 160* Statistics
Other Required Transferable Business Courses
- BUS 101 Introduction to Business
- BUS 204 The Legal Environment of Business
About the School
Parkland College is a two year college located in Champaign, Illinois, one of the top destinations for international students in the United States. Offering more than 100 Associates Degree and Certif ... Read More