If you’re an already experienced music artist then the Artist Development programme is the perfect way to refine your music and brand in preparation for professional work.
In many ways, it’s like working with the A&R department of a record label and you will get feedback and advice from real industry players from the ADD Music label.
EVALUATE YOUR ACT
Objectively analyze your repertoire, brand, and audience.
REFINE YOUR MUSIC & ACT
Develop your live and recorded repertoire and learn how to communicate and entertain.
DEVELOP YOUR BRAND & AUDIENCE
Improve your brand image and communications with your audience.
SHOWCASE YOUR ACT
Showcase the results of the development process and prepare for professional work or further study.
START YOUR CREATIVE CAREER
Choosing this Artist Development Level 4 course is a way of fine-tuning your journey into the creative industries.
The creative sector is one of the fastest growing areas of the UK economy and a great and exciting place in which to work.
This Artist Development course can lead onto:
- Employment, or self-employment, in the creative industries. This may be as a music artist, producer or songwriter, or it may be into another area of the music or creative industries.
- A creative apprenticeship as a stepping stone to work.
- It can, with additional study, lead on to a creative degree at a university where you can gain further skills in preparation for work. This may be a music degree or another subject which takes your fancy.
GET INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
Being at Access is so much more than just doing a course. You will have the chance to get the first-hand experience of the music and creative industries.
Here are some of the opportunities you can take advantage of:
- INDUSTRY INPUT: Artist advice and guidance from industry professionals via the ADD Music label.
- EVENTS: You’ll have unique opportunities to showcase your work. These range from a local gig to the chance to perform on a festival stage at events such as Latitude organized by partner, Festival Republic.
- MUSIC GLUE: Music Glue is a global direct-to-fan platform used by 26,000 artists worldwide to sell tickets, merchandise, music and more directly to their audience from one customizable website.
- DISTRIBEAT: A partnership with a worldwide distribution company, Distribeat, which allows you to market your music through all major online stores including iTunes.
- MASTERCLASSES: Access promotes industry masterclasses by artists represented by Tri-Tone and 7 pm Management. These enable you to gain advice and guidance from working musicians and producers.
- TWINE: All our students get free Twine membership, which is an online platform allowing creative people to collaborate on projects and earn money!
- FOCUSRITE: Access is proud of its partnership with Focusrite. You will have the chance to get your hands on over £500 of FREE Focusrite audio plug-ins, supported by special Focusrite workshops.
GET A QUALIFICATION
On successful completion you will get a recognized qualification which you can add to your creative CV:
- One year RSL Level 4 Diploma for Creative Practitioners.
- Consists of four units generating 64 ten-hour credits.
- The equivalent of studying in the first year of an undergraduate degree.
DURATION & FEES
- The Artist Development course lasts for one year.
- It is usually delivered over two to four days per week from September to June (daytime). How long you are in college will depend on what additional English and Maths sessions you need to attend.
- If you aged 17-18 on 31st August 2018, and/or at the start of your Artist Development course then the course is FREE
- If you aged 19+ on 31st August 2018, and/or at the start of your Artist Development course then you will have to pay £4425 per year. However, you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the cost of this course. You will only have to repay the loan when you start to earn over £21,000 per year.
Applying for this Artist Development course is easy.
All you need to do is fill in our online application form and we will get back in touch with some suggested dates of when we can meet up to discuss it further.
- AGE: You must be at least 17 years old to apply.
- SKILLS SET: We value your creative passion and skills above all else. You should have a Level 3 qualification, such as an RSL or BTEC Subsidiary Diploma. As a guide, this course is for more experienced musicians with some experience of performance and working with others. You should be able to demonstrate that you have the potential to work at Level 4. Applicants with non-standard qualifications and/or experience are encouraged to apply and will be considered if they can demonstrate appropriate ability through the application. Please note you will not be able to enroll if you will be under the age of 16 on 31st August. Applications from people under this age are still welcome but will be deferred to the following year.
- INTERVIEW: You will be invited to an audition/interview. Please prepare:
- 2 or 3 original tracks, either for a live audition or for playback and discussion. Please feel free to bring other supporting material such as video, or provide links to online content (e.g. Soundcloud).
- A rationale of your music and how you see it developing.
- Any supporting material representing you as an artist, for example, links to a website or social media page, CD artwork, posters, photo shoots, video etc., with an appreciation of the brand/image you are trying to create.
- Ideas for your business strategy as an artist. This could be around the development of your fanbase and potential partnerships with music industry players (e.g. managers, agents, labels etc.). In the case of bands, members will need to identify individual roles within the business strategy.
Program taught in:
See 9 more programs offered by Access Creative College »
Last updated September 27, 2018
This course is
per year, if you aged 19+ on 31st August 2018. Free for students of 17-18 years old.