The exclusive summer program of ISSOS, offers high school students (aged 13-18) the unique opportunity to combine learning, creative enrichment and action-packed adventure in the world renowned and stunning university town of St Andrews. Students who gain a place at ISSOS will be able to create a personalised three-week program to suit both their academic needs and wider interests, by choosing one academic and one elective program.
Mornings at ISSOS are dedicated to academic study and our high quality academic programs. Classes meet daily for three hours and, unlike other summer schools, we limit numbers in order to guarantee that all our students will benefit from small class sizes and individual attention. Academic Program Options:
- English Language
- Creative Writing
- Youth Leadership
Afternoons allow students to broaden their experience and knowledge with the Art Elective.
Art Summer School Course
Whether students already have a passion for a particular artistic technique or are beginners hoping to awaken their creativity, this summer school course allows for all levels and abilities to uncover their artistic potential.
A wide range of techniques are covered, from line drawing and oil painting to more contemporary practices such as still photography and cartoon illustration. Projects may be as diverse as painting a self-portrait onto canvas to designing an album cover – the possibilities are endless!
What will it cover?
- Explore creativity in a fun and relaxed setting
- Gain inspiration from visits to famous art galleries and exhibitions
- Develop and hone artistic skills in a range of techniques
- Have your work showcased in the ISSOS creative night.
The superb natural scenery of St Andrews provides a stunning subject for landscape art and we are also ideally placed to visit some of Britain’s best-known art galleries in nearby Glasgow and Edinburgh, ensuring that our students are never short of inspiration. The advantages of the relaxed and stimulating environment we offer at ISSOS are clear in the work that is produced by the students during their stay.
What Makes ISSOS Different?
- High quality programs, some of which are exclusive to ISSOS
- Welcome students from over 80 nationalities
- 40% of students return year after year
- We only accept 10% of each nationality, ensuring a truly international experience
- Summer staff are experts in their field, from CELTA qualified English teachers to PGA Golf Pros
- We are a Values Led business with 9 values at our core that run through everything we do
The total cost for ISSOS 2020:
St Andrews: £500 Enrolment Fee, plus £4400 Tuition
We offer an all-inclusive fee for the three-week ISSOS 2020 experience covering:
- accommodation (full board)
- course materials and equipment
- trips and excursions
- evening activities, cultural trips & Sunday workshops
- cultural events
- the ISSOS Highland Games
- transport between the selected airport and ISSOS campus