Careers in architectural technology allow you to pursue your passion for designing, drawing, creating, and problem solving. As an Architectural Technology graduate, you'll be prepared to work in many fields related to architecture and construction. Careers include architectural technician, building information modeling specialist, building materials salesperson, building systems design technician, shop drawing draftsperson, structural draftsperson, and residential designer or estimator. With additional education and/or work experience, you may become an architect, building inspector, commercial or industrial estimator, structural engineer, specification writer, or project manager.
- Building information modeling specialist: coordinates development of virtual building information models that integrate architectural, structural, and building systems to be used for construction coordination.
- Building Materials Sales Person: works in retail sales of building products in a building materials center.
- Building Systems Technician: works under the direction and supervision of an architect or professional engineer, preparing working drawings for hvacr, electrical and plumbing systems within a building.
- Shop Drawing Draftsperson: works under the supervision of a professional engineer, developing fabrication and erection drawings for components used in construction.
- Structural Draftsperson: works under the direction and supervision of an architect or professional engineer, preparing working drawings for steel, concrete, and wood building systems.
- Residential Designer: works independently designing and drafting homes for building materials centers or residential contractors.
Requirements for Program Entry
- Completed application.
- High school transcript or equivalent.
- 10-614-210 Arch Principles
- 10-614-211 Arch Revit Intro
- 10-614-213 Bldg Materials
- 10-614-222 Arch CAD Intro
- 10-801-136 English Composition 1
- 10-804-113 College Technical Math 1A
- 10-890-101 College 101
- 10-614-214 Building Green Introduction
- 10-614-215 Architectural Internship
- 10-614-231 Arch Revit Advanced
- 10-614-232 Structural Residential
- 10-614-240 Arch Residential
- 10-801-196 Oral/Interpersonal Comm
- 10-804-196 Trigonometry w Apps
- 10-614-250 Arch Commercial Studio I
- 10-614-252 Structural Analysis I
- 10-614-253 Structural Commercial
- 10-801-197 Technical Reporting
- 10-809-198 Intro to Psychology
- 10-614-251 Bldg Estimating
- 10-614-271 Struct Analysis II
- 10-614-272 Bldg MEP Systems
- 10-614-280 Arch Commercial Studio II
- 10-809-172 Intro to Diversity Studies
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 24, 2018