Spend your first year at university in an exceptional setting. Small international staff, cross-teaching, personalized follow-up.
The “university certificate” designates higher education training giving direct access to the 2nd year of the license at the University of Paris 13, subject to passing the exams.
The great educational strength of this training for an audience of international students lies in the combination of language courses, applied linguistics, French civilization and methodology, and specialty courses. The follow-up is personalized, and allows integration into the French university under optimal conditions.
- 20 hours per week
- 402 hours in total + follow-up and tutoring
- Price: € 6,900
- Applied Linguistics and Civilization
- Methodology of academic work
- Specialty courses in history or literature
- Beginning from October 12, 2020 to May 29, 2021 (exams included)
- Pre-entry: week of October 5, 2020
- Visa: student (outside the EU and over 90 days)
- Written French language (48 hours)
- Applied linguistics and oral French language (60 hours)
Methodology and civilization
- University methodology (60 hours)
- Conferences on French Civilization (90 hours)
- Humanities: Greco-Roman myths; arts and literature (48 hours)
- History Specialty
- Medieval history (24 hours)
- Modern history (24 hours)
- Contemporary history (24 hours)
- Geography: French speaking area (24 hours)
- Letters specialty
- Text studies: story analysis; theater; short stories, tales, novels; poetry (84 hours)
- Literary history: 16th-18th centuries; 19th-20th centuries (42 hours)
Full continuous assessment or combined with a final exam
Conditions of registration
- Admission to the "university certificate" is made on file (cover letter, CV, certificate of graduation from secondary school, proof of a B2 level in French).
- You must be at least 18 years old, hold a secondary school diploma and prove that you have acquired a B2 level.
In partnership with Paris 13 University
- Admission to the courses is only final when payment is complete (at least one month before the start of the course).
- A registration certificate, in particular for the visa application, is issued after payment of a deposit and the presentation of administrative documents (copy of identity document, translation of the diploma at the end of secondary education, photo of 'identity).
- Application fees of 35 euros are applied to each course.
For further information, refer to the general conditions of service.
About the School
The Sorbonne’s French Language and Civilization Courses (CCFS), organized by the Robert de Sorbon Foundation, is the most prestigious French language program in Paris. Since 1919, the CCFS has been ad ... Read More