The course Analysis and teaching of grammar is aimed at people who want to deepen the teaching of grammar in the ELE classroom, developing especially their linguistic awareness, based on the most recent philological research.
The José Ortega y Gasset-Gregorio Marañón Foundation announces this course in collaboration with the Cervantes Institute.
Those attending the course will receive a certificate of attendance, issued jointly by the Cervantes Institute and the José Ortega y Gasset-Gregorio Marañón Foundation.
The recipients of the course are:
- Teachers of Spanish as a foreign language and as a second language, and other foreign languages.
- Secondary school teachers.
- Future teachers of Spanish.
The maximum number of participants in each course will be 35.
The objectives of the course are:
- Analyze various topics of Spanish grammar of special difficulty for ELE students.
- Reflect on the methodology used in grammar teaching in the ELE classroom.
- Design teaching materials that contribute to the teaching of grammar to non-native speakers.
The program of the course is the following:
- The nominalizations
Josefa Martín García (Spanish Language teacher and author of self-learning grammar manuals for ELE students)
- Interrogatory sentences
Estrella Nicolás de Benito (ELE teacher, author of materials for teaching Spanish as a mother tongue and as a foreign language)
- Grammar of the particles
María Victoria Pavón Lucero (author of
- The lexical creation
José Pazó Espinosa (professor and researcher in the area of Language and Linguistics)
- The syntactic analysis in teaching Spanish
Cristina Sánchez López (professor and researcher specialized in Spanish grammar, syntactic theory and the relationship between lexicon and syntax)
Dates and times
Dates of the course:
Friday, October 18, 2019
15.00- 21.00 (with two 15-minute breaks)
Saturday, October 19, 2019
9.00 - 14.00 (with a break of 30 minutes)
Total number of teaching hours: 10
For remodeling works at the headquarters of the José Ortega y Gasset-Gregorio Marañón Foundation (C / Fortuny, 53. 28010 Madrid), the courses have been temporarily moved to the headquarters of the Free Teaching Institution (Paseo del General Martínez Campos, 14. 28010 Madrid).