American Language & Culture
Improve your written and conversational English skills while experiencing the excitement and culture of Washington, D.C. Designed for students with intermediate- or advanced-level English proficiency, our American Language & Culture program combines classroom instruction, language lab work, conversation workshops, and cultural excursions into an immersive four-week learning experience. By the end of the program, you'll have not only advanced English language skills but also a deeper understanding of American lifestyles and culture.
- Ideal for Intermediate to advanced proficiency
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Tuition: $2,667
- Schedule: Full-time Monday–Friday
- Program Start: January
- Visa Support: Yes
- Introduction to American culture.
- Field trips and activities throughout Washington, D.C.
- Morning classes focusing on listening and speaking skills.
- Afternoon classes focusing on cross-cultural communication.
Weekly Events and Workshops
- University Application Workshops
- These consist of information sessions and individual counseling for students planning to apply to U.S. colleges and universities; students will identify appropriate colleges, write personal statements, and gather and submit required documents to complete the application process
- Pronunciation Workshops
- Practice in the sounds and rhythms of English
- Writing Workshops
- Work on specific writing needs
- Social Hour
- Students and faculty gather for conversation at this popular weekly event hosted by the EFL office
- Conversational English partners
- Access to D.C. cultural activities
- Special guest lecture series
See 4 more programs offered by Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies »
Last updated May 28, 2019
This course is