Great value for a quality English course.
Our Afternoon General English is ideal for anyone who wants to improve their English and have all the benefits of studying in small classes at a quality English academy. Plus, the added benefit of this course is that it is much cheaper, so it's great if you are on a budget and looking for a low-cost option!
Afternoon General English includes:
- Course book
- Celtic Online account
- First day placement test and induction
- Guided city tour of Cardiff
- Free Internet access
- Free mineral water
- Progress reports
- Help and advice with further study
- Homework and weekly assignments
- End of course report
- Celtic English Academy certificate showing your attendance record (min 80%) and level
We welcome students from 16 to 60+ to learn English on any of our adult courses. We have over 40 different nationalities studying with us every year and small class sizes of a maximum of just 10 students per class. Did you know that 98% of Celtic students would recommend us to their friends and family?
Afternoon General English description
This course is designed to meet the needs of learners in a variety of English language situations and follows an integrated skills programme covering the areas of reading, writing, listening, speaking, grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Our aim is to increase your confidence in your day-to-day use of the language and to bridge the gap between the classroom and the real world.
Our Afternoon General English course runs at beginner level to advanced level.
You will follow a book, which we will give you at the start of your course, and you will have access to Celtic Online where you can find lots of other useful resources.
Your teachers will assess your progress regularly and offer you lots of advice on how best to improve your English. Most students progress by one level every term and we will do our best to help you achieve this!
Once your level of English has improved, you might like to progress to an exam preparation course such as IELTS or one of our Cambridge Exam courses, i.e. FCE or CAE.
Who is Afternoon General English for?
- Students who want to improve their day-to-day use of English.
- Students who want to cover all English skills.
- Students looking to better their English for educational, professional or personal reasons.
- Students who want to study, but who have a lower budget.
- Extend vocabulary and increase fluency.
- Become more accurate.
- Communicate in English more easily.
- Understand more about English-speaking cultures.
- Progress to an exam preparation course.
How we measure your progress
Progress will be measured by weekly tests, a mid-term test and end-of-term test, within each level. You are expected to participate fully in classes, complete all homework set and maintain a high level of attendance (min. 80%), in order to get the most from the course.
|AM||12.30 - 14||12.30 - 14||12.30 - 14||12.30 - 14||12.30 - 14|
|PM - A||14.15 - 15.45||14.15 - 15.45||14.15 - 15.45||14.15 - 15.45||14.15 - 15.45|
|PM - B||16 - 17.30||16 - 17.30||16 - 17.30||16 - 17.30||16 - 17.30|
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018