Prices and duration vary, but the most popular choice is Semester Tuition & Double Dorm for US$2800 or 1-year Tuition and Double Dorm for US$4650.
What is included in your Yunnan University Chinese language program?
CSA's bottom line goal is to make sure your stay in China goes smoothly. We're there for you as much or as little as needed! As a CSA student, in addition to your course tuition, you'll also receive:
- Course tuition fees
- Pre-departure assistance
- Airport Pick-up
- All textbooks (for students who choose a study option)
- Assistance buying a local SIM card on arrival
- City and local area orientation (restaurants, supermarkets etc.)
- Meet up with other CSA students
- Registration assistance when you arrive
- 24-hour on the ground support while you are in China. More Information
What is the cost of this program, and when can I start?!
Whether you want to study in China for an academic year, or for a semester, there is a China Study Abroad program for you at Yunnan University. Be sure to follow the link below to find out more information on the Yunnan University Chinese language program that is right for you. We look forward to welcoming you to Kunming soon!
Cost varies. See our Dates and Fees page for more details
Our two cents
Kunming is our destination of choice for a full immersion experience: tucked away in the southwest frontier of China, the province boasts some of the most beautiful scenery in all of China, and with a moderate climate all year round it gives you ample opportunity to go out and explore. Kunming’s status as a “smaller” city (though it still has a population of almost 7 million people!), distanced from more developed areas, means that the cost of living is significantly lower than in other big Chinese cities. With far fewer foreigners than Beijing or Shanghai, studying in Kunming gives you a chance to really get involved in the Chinese way of life, to make and spend time with Chinese friends and to immerse yourself in the Chinese language - as we've repeated many times, this is certainly the best way to learn to speak Chinese. If you are adventurous and are ready for a challenge, seeking a change of lifestyle while studying and ready to jump with two feet into Chinese culture, then Kunming is the choice for you! Find out more about what it's like to live and study Chinese in Kunming...
The courses are offered Monday to Friday each week. 16 weeks /academic semester, 20 class hours /week. Semester and Year Programs, starting September and February every year.
- Elementary Level: The purpose of this course is to lay the groundwork for the study of modern Chinese. The course has an emphasis on oral skills with classes in listening and speaking with an initial presentation of the written language, both reading, and writing.
- Intermediate Level: The purpose of this course is to continue to lay the groundwork for the study of modern Chinese by expanding on the base of Elementary Chinese. The course will provide instruction in all four language skills of aurally understanding, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Advanced Level: The purpose of the course is to continue to develop their skills of aurally understanding, speaking, reading and writing.
More Info about Yunnan University
云南大学 Yúnnán dàxué, also known colloquially as 云大 Yúndà
Yunnan University is one of the largest and most prestigious institutions in China, having been founded in 1922 in the capital of Yunnan Province, Kunming. Yunnan University is one of the “Project 211” universities authorized by the Chinese government for special development and has been included on the list of key national universities for the “China Western Development” program.
Yunnan University became famous in China during World War II as many top professors, particularly from Beijing, went to teach there (Yunnan Province was not directly involved in the fighting). The university also boasts one of China’s oldest and longest-running French language training centers, due to the President during this time holding a Ph.D. from the Sorbonne in Paris.
The university is also famous for the acclaimed Herbarium, its in-house publishing centre that has produced over two million volumes of various academic works, and for being one of the first higher education institutions in China to have their own high-tech company listed on the stock exchange when shares in the Yunnan University Science and Technology Corporation were issued on the Chinese domestic stock market.
Program taught in: