- Course Code: LMS103
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Fee: £5125
Building Relationships by Communicating Supportively
- Building positive interpersonal relationships
- The importance of effective communication
- What is supportive communication?
- Principles of supportive communication
- The personal management interview
Gaining Power and Influence
- Building a strong power base and using influence wisely
- Is power a four-letter word?
- Abuse of power
- Influence strategies: the three Rs
- The pros and cons of each strategy
- Acting assertively: neutralizing influence attempts
- Increasing motivation and performance
- Diagnosing work performance problems
- Enhancing individuals’ abilities
- Fostering a motivating work environment
- Elements of an effective motivation programme
- Interpersonal conflict management
- Diagnosing the types of interpersonal conflict
- Selecting the appropriate conflict management approach
- Resolving interpersonal confrontations
Solving Problems Analytically and Creatively
- Problems solving, creativity, and innovation
- Steps in analytical problem solving
- Impediments to creative problem solving
- Multiple approaches to creativity
- Conceptual blocks
- Conceptual blockbusting
- Hints for applying problem-solving techniques
- Fostering creativity in others
Empowering and Engaging Others
- The meaning of empowerment
- Dimensions of empowerment
- How to develop empowerment
- Inhibitors to empowerment
- Fostering engagement
Building Effective Teams and Teamwork
- The advantages of teams
- Team development
- Leading teams
- Team membership
Leading Positive Change
- Ubiquitous and escalating change
- The need for frameworks
- A framework for leading positive change
Making Oral and Written Presentations
- Essential elements of effective presentations
- Formulate a specific strategy
- Develop a clear structure
- Support your points
- Use an enhancing style
- Style in oral communication
- Style in written communication
- Supplement your presentation by responding to questions and challenges
- Conducting effective meetings: a short guide for meeting managers and meeting participants
- The five Ps of effective meetings
- Suggestions for group members
- Heads of organizations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members, and directors.
- Heads of departments.
- Senior managers and executives.
- Those who wish to develop their interpersonal, group and communication skills.
- Those who wish to develop themselves as more competent and effective managers.
Upon completion of this training in management, you will be able to:
- Build supportive relationships even when delivering negative feedback.
- Avoid defensiveness and disconfirmation in interpersonal communication.
- Improve the ability to apply principles of supportive communication.
- Improve relationships by using personal management interviews.
- Enhance personal and positional and power.
- Use influence appropriately to accomplish exceptional work.
- Neutralise inappropriate influence attempts.
- Diagnose work performance problems.
- Enhance the work-related abilities of others.
- Foster a motivating work environment.
- Diagnose the focus and source of conflicts.
- Utilise appropriate conflict management strategies.
- Resolve interpersonal confrontations through collaboration.
- Increase proficiency in analytical problem-solving.
- Recognise personal conceptual blocks.
- Enhance creativity by overcoming conceptual blocks.
- Foster innovation among others.
- Empower others.
- Empower yourself.
- Engage others effectively.
- Diagnose and facilitate team development.
- Build high-performance teams.
- Facilitate team leadership.
- Foster effective team membership.
- Learn how to create positive deviance in organizations.
- Develop the capability to lead positive change.
- Acquire the ability to mobilize the capabilities of others in achieving positive change.
- Make impactful and engaging oral presentations.
- Write clearly and persuasively.
- Respond appropriately to questions and challenges.
- Implement guidelines for planning and conducting effective meetings.
- Enhance the value of meetings attended.
See 131 more programs offered by London Business Training & Consulting »
Last updated September 10, 2019
This course is
Nov 18, 2019
Jan 13, 2020
Nov 18, 2019
Jan 13, 2020
May 11, 2020
Sep 14, 2020