- Course Code: LMS102
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Fee: £5075
Trait Theory – Description, Analysis, and Use
- Evolution of the idea
- Traits – a brief outline
- Traits and leaders
- So where does this leave trait theory and organizations?
- Foundation principles
- What are ‘leadership behaviors’?
- Organisational implications
The Style Approach to Leadership
- Evolution of the approach
- Organisational culture
- Widening the choice
- Factors affecting style
- Style approach – strengths and weaknesses
Situational and Contingent Leadership
- Early developments
- Hersey and Blanchard’s life cycle theory of leadership
- How the model operates
- Path-Goal theory
- Fielder’s contingency theory
- Broader situational factors
- Leadership substitutes theory
Charisma and Transformational Leadership
- House and Shamir self-concept theory
- Attribution theory
- Characteristics of charismatic leaders
- Context and crisis
- Negative aspects of charisma
- Transformational leadership
- Defining authentic leadership
- Academic approach
- Practitioner approach
- Attributes of followers
- Leader-member exchange theory (LMX)
- Implications of LMX
- Attributes of followers
Psychodynamic Approaches to Leadership
- Freud, Jung, and personality
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Neuro-linguistic programming
- Criticism of the psychodynamic approach
Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- The architecture of the brain
- The nature of intelligence
- What is EI?
- Goleman’s approach
- Other perspectives
- The ‘dark side’ of EI
- Criticisms of EI
- What are ethics?
- Basic ethical frameworks
- Deontological frameworks
- Leadership and moral development
- What is an ‘ethical leader’?
- Why do leaders not act ethically?
- Why do workers not blow the whistle more often?
This corporate leadership course is suitable for:
- Heads of organizations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members, and directors.
- Heads of departments.
- Senior managers and executives.
Upon completion of this leadership training for managers, you will be able to understand:
- One of the earliest approaches to leadership – the Trait Approach.
- How leaders behave.
- The relationship between a leader and followers through the style approach.
- A leader’s approach as being dependent on the situation facing the leader and that successful leaders can adapt their approach to suit the circumstances.
- Transformational leadership’s ability to change workers and followers into avid disciples whose hearts and minds have been inspired by an internalized belief in the veracity of their leader’s decisions.
- Authentic leadership should underpin any form of effective leadership.
- The delicate nature of the relationship between the leader and followers.
- Two different approaches to psychodynamics – Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and neuro-linguistic programming.
- The development of emotional intelligence (EI).
- Different ethical frameworks and how these can help leaders resolve problems without a precedent or a simple solution.
About the School
London Business Training & Consulting (LBTC) is the UK’s premier business and management training and consulting service provider. We cater to both individual and organisational clients from all o ... Read More