This qualification is delivered over 70 weeks and reflects the role of individuals who apply specialised knowledge and skills, together with experience in leadership and management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Individuals at this level use initiative and judgement to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters. They use cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources and transfer their knowledge to others, and use creative or conceptual skills to express ideas and perspectives or respond to complex problems.
This Qualification has 12 units, 4 core units and 8 elective units.
These are the units to be taught in this qualification:
- BSBINN601 Lead and Manage organizational change Core
- BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organization Core
- BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan Core
- BSBFIM601 Manage finances Core
- BSBMGT616 Develop and implement strategic plans Elective
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability Elective
- BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement Elective
- BSBRSK501 Manage Risk Elective
- BSBMKG609 Develop a marketing plan Elective
- BSBMKG605 Evaluate International Marketing Opportunities Elective
- BSBCOM603 Plan and establish compliance management systems Elective
- BSBMKG607 Manage marketing research Elective
Job roles expected after undertaking this qualification:
- Area Manager
- Department Manager
- Regional Manager
Bachelor’s degree e.g. Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Commerce
Applicants should submit:
- Completed and signed ‘Application for Enrolment Form;
- Certified transcripts of academic records from last two years of schooling;/li>
- Certified evidence of date of birth or an identification document;
- Letter(s) of recommendation from teacher(s)(if available);
- Certified copy of passport details (if available);
All students entering this qualification must have a minimum English Language proficiency level of one of the below:
International students, applying either off-shore or on-shore will require:
- Either a minimum IELTS (General) test score of 5.5 or equivalent for direct entry into a VET course, or IELTS score of 4.5 or equivalent with a Certificate III in EAL (Further study) 22255 VIC to be taken before the main VET course. Results older than two years are not acceptable. OR
- Evidence that they have studied in English for at least five years in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom or the United States. OR
- Evidence that, within two years of their application date, they have successfully completed in Australia a foundation course or a senior secondary certificate of education or a substantial part of a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework. OR
- For levels 1 and 2 countries, successful completion of JTI’s Language and Numeracy Test conducted on JTI’s campus (for onshore international students ONLY.) OR
- For students that have done 12 years of schooling in English language, proof of having successfully completed English in year 12, plus successfully undertaking a written internal English testing by Job training institute and successfully undertaking a skype interview by a JTI staff member. This is only applicable to countries with immigration risk rating of 1 or 2.
JTI will also accept equivalent test results from the following specified English language tests - TOEFL iBT, PTE Academic, Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and TOEFL PBT.
(Note: A pre-training interview/phone interview will be conducted prior to issuance of COE (Confirmation of Enrolment). Applicants who fail to meet the required standards of LLN skills for the qualification may need to study English Language qualification for a longer duration)
Specific academic requirements
Applicants should have successfully completed year 12 or equivalent level of studies and Diploma of Management or should have substantial vocational experience in business/management or equivalent fields.
Mode of Delivery
This qualification utilises a blended delivery mode which incorporates face to face classroom training which includes Written Questions/Report, Presentation/ Practical Demonstration / Observation, Classroom activities & participation / Role Plays, Case studies, Reflective Report, Written test, Project Work/Research/portfolio, Interview, and online learning activities. The trainer may provide additional learning material where gaps are identified in either the participant’s underpinning knowledge or the training resources.
This course will have a face to face, online and self-study mode. Online will not be more than 25% of the total course duration. Each student must allocate 20 hours of weekly contact hours.
Note: Certificate IV in Business is bundled with this Diploma.