Guarantee your future with a Diploma of Graphic Design. This course at Melbourne Polytechnic has an excellent reputation in the graphic design industry, boasting real employment opportunities for graduates through our widespread industry networks.
Stand out from the crowd
In this course you will develop your design skills with a high degree of innovation, making you highly employable.
Following on from the diploma course, you will carry out higher level studies with more complex briefs and visual communication problems, addressing a range of economic, social and environmental concerns.
Your studies will include:
- advertising and marketing
- design business
- design research and analysis
- professional design practice
- motion graphics
- advanced illustration
- cultural branding
- environmental design
- complex packaging and publication design
- developing a variety of applications for the web
Industry connections and resources
Melbourne Polytechnic has an excellent reputation in the graphic design industry, boasting real employment opportunities for graduates through our widespread industry networks.
On graduation you will have a strong practical portfolio of your work demonstrating broad design abilities and an attention to detail that ensures you are ready for the industry.
At Melbourne Polytechnic you will have access to:
- 2 x Mac labs
- 3 x Practical rooms
- latest industry software including Adobe Creative Cloud
- industry standard Epson stylus Pro 780 colour banner printer
- Epson stylus Pro 4880 colour A3 printer
- Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanners
- life drawing facilities
This supportive in-depth training offers you a proven and preferred pathway to industry with our strongest students gaining employment within six months of graduating.
Prospective employers include:
- advertising agencies
- large and small design studios
- advertising departments of large retail companies
- packaging and publishing companies (newspapers, magazines and books)
- trade-houses (pre-press and large printing firms)
- multimedia studios
On graduation you may work as a support staff member in advertising agencies, art and design studios and pre-press print industries.
You will be assessed through coursework.