This qualification provides you with the skills and knowledge to coordinate and administer the installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance of a range of networks, enterprise servers and systems including internetworking, security and e-business solutions.
Graduates may work as an independent information and communications technology specialist or as part of a team. The advanced diploma consists of 18 units and includes the Certificate IV in Computer Systems Technology (076935).
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to coordinate and administer, as an independent information and communications technology (ICT) specialist or as part of a team, the installation, commissioning and ongoing maintenance of a range of networks, enterprise servers and systems, including internetworking, security and e-business solutions.
In a typical week, students will attend classes approximately four days per week with approximately 60 percent practical and 40 percent theory classes. Classes will be scheduled between 8 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
The teaching methods used in the advanced diploma include classroom-based teaching and supervised practical components in the computer laboratory. The assessment methods include workshops, class presentations and individual and group projects.
Major study areas
- Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers
- Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise switches
- Install and manage complex ICT networks
- Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills
- Create dynamic web pages
- Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks
- Design and implement wireless network security
- Certificate IV in Computer Systems Technology (086592D
- Academic: Australian Year 12 equivalency or higher
- English language: Academic IELTS 5.5 no band less than 5.0 overall or recognised equivalency
February and July intakes
- Network administrator or coordinator
- Network engineer
- Enterprise systems administrator
- Systems developer
- IT administrator or coordinator
- IT operations administrator or coordinator
- Network services administrator or coordinator
- Network operations analyst
- Administrator or coordinator of network security/support/e-business