This qualification reflects the role of individuals with significant expertise in either specialised or broad areas of skills and knowledge who are seeking to further develop expertise across a range of business functions. The qualification is suited to the needs of individuals who possess significant theoretical business skills and knowledge that they would like to develop in order to create further educational or employment opportunities.
To ensure an appropriate learning opportunity, participants would need to demonstrate a capacity to undertake study at Advanced Diploma level, this can be demonstrated via the following:
- Successful completion of Year 12 or the equivalent level of study or mature aged entry. For further information, see PP02 ASSESSING STUDENT'S QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ENGLISH PROFICIENCY.
- Minimum English level of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent. Learners originating from student visa assessment levels 1 and 2 without the required IELTS score can undertake SCEI’s English Proficiency Test. For information on student visa assessment levels, refer to Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or above.
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification.
Pathways into the qualification:
- BSB50207 Diploma of Business or other relevant qualification/s
- with vocational experience assisting in a range of environments providing administrative or operational support to individuals and/or teams but without a formal business qualification.
Pathways from the qualification:
Advanced Standing at an Australian University:
Students who have completed an Advanced Diploma at a Registered Training Organisation in Australia are able to apply for advanced standing in the degree course of their choice at any Australian university. The level of articulation may vary between universities and students are advised to apply to the university(ies) of their choice well in advance of completion of their qualification at SCEI.
Job roles/ Occupational titles
Occupational titles for these workers may include:
- senior administrator
- senior executive.
Teaching Methods/Mode of Study
Classroom-based and self-directed learning.
Students will be assessed through Presentations, Reports, Projects, Written Assessments, Case Studies and Demonstrations throughout the course.
Credit transfer is a term used to identify a process of gaining recognition gained through a previous course or a unit of study. To be eligible for credit transfer the unit code of the unit already held needs to be exactly the same as the unit for which credit is being requested. A certified copy of an Academic Transcript would need to be supplied by the student.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Recognition of prior learning provides students with an opportunity to have their current skills and knowledge recognised.These skills and knowledge may relate to units they are intending to study and as a result may exempt them from studying these units. However there is a cost related to RPL.The process requires students to gather evidence confirming their skills and knowledge and submitting to an assessor for assessment.
If a student is granted RPL or credit transfer, it may impact on student visa conditions through a shortening of the student’s course.
- BSBADV602B: Develop an advertising campaign
- BSBHRM602B: Manage human resources strategic planning
- BSBINN601B: Manage organisational change
- BSBMGT615A: Contribute to organisation development
- BSBMKG603B: Manage the marketing process
- BSBMKG607B: Manage market research
- BSBFIM601A: Manage finances
- BSBSUS501A: Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
Delivery modes include classroom/ facilitator lead training sessions, self paced learning activities, and written assessments.
- Course Price: AUD$4,000
- Promotional Course Price: AUD$3,000
- Material Fee: AUD$250
Last updated September 28, 2017