- To equip participants with the necessary knowledge and pre-requisites needed to pursue an undergraduate programme in Mass Communications
- To develop the analytical, planning, and communicative abilities of participants
- To enhance the effectiveness of participants' practical skills and techniques through action-based training
Modules will be assessed through a combination of coursework and examinations depending on the individual module objectives. The proportion of marks attributed to coursework and final examinations is subject to the discretion of individual lecturers and varies according to different modules.
Students who successfully complete the programme will be awarded with the Advanced Diploma in Mass Communications awarded by MDIS and validated by Oklahoma City University, USA.
- Structure and Professional Practice of Print Media
- Media Ethics and Law
- Advertising: Strategic Planning & Management
- Structure and Professional Practice of Broadcast Media
- Mass Media Research
- Public Relations: Strategic Planning & Management
- Graduation Project
Applicants must be of age 16 and above and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Full GCE 'A' Levels (with average 'C' grade and excluding language subjects)
- Diploma from MDIS or other recognised local/overseas polytechnics or other Private Education Institutes (PEI)
- Other equivalent qualification may be considered on a case by case basis.
About the School
The Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS), founded in 1956, is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute for lifelong learning. MDIS has two main subsidiaries: Management ... Read More