The Advanced Diploma in Information Technology is developed to meet the professional and academic needs of graduates to function effectively in the analysis, design and management of computer systems as well as the advanced theoretical knowledge underpinning Programming and Systems Development. Students will acquire the analytical and advanced computing skills necessary for the analysis, design and management of computer systems and applications such as advanced system analysis and design method, as well as the problem-solving skills required to handle evolving technology in multimedia application, interactive web site, network security, database, network security and server operating system.
Combination of lectures, tutorials and workshop conducted in a classroom environment at Informatics Academy campus. Lessons are typically in blocks of 3-hour sessions.
- Full-Time: January, May, September
- Part-Time: January, May, September
- Advanced Operating Systems – I401
- Advanced Visual Basic.Net – IT404.Net
- Developing Interactive Website – ICT201
- Distributed Application Development – ICT202
- Multimedia Streaming Technology – ICT209
- Network And Distributed Application Security – ICT206
- Object-Oriented Programming In Java – IT420
- Relational Database Design – IT417
|Domestic Students||International Students|
|Full-time||S$ 5,992.00||S$ 8,346.00|
(Fee Protection Scheme)
|S$ 41.94||S$ 58.42|
|Non-Refundable Application Fees||S$ 107||S$ 321|
|Student Pass Processing And Administrative Fees||NIL||S$ 321|
All fees stated above are indicative and inclusive of 7% GST. Refer to the personalized PEI-Student Contract for a detailed fee payment schedule.
- Minimum Age: 19
- Academic Qualifications: Diploma in Information Technology from Informatics OR PEI qualification that articulates into year two of University Degree programme OR Polytechnic Diploma in IT or computing-related field with exemptions for direct entry to Advanced Diploma programme
- English Language: Certificate in Proficiency in English from Informatics OR GCE ‘O’ Level – C6 OR IELTS 6.0 and equivalent for TOEFL (PBT) or TOEFL (iBT).
- Mature candidates (30 years old and above) with 8 years of relevant working experience may be considered for mature entry on a case-by-case basis.
Students will be assessed through a combination of coursework and project. Coursework may be in the form of class tests and assignments. Assessment methods may vary according to individual module requirements.
|Advanced Operating Systems||30%||NA||70%||NA|
|Advanced Visual Basic.Net||NA||NA||100%||NA|
|Developing an Interactive Website||NA||NA||100%||NA|
|Distributed Application Development||NA||NA||100%||NA|
|Multimedia Streaming Technology||30%||NA||70%||NA|
|Network And Distributed Application Security||30%||NA||70%||NA|
|Object-Oriented Programming In Java||30%||NA||70%||NA|
|Relational Database Design||30%||NA||70%||NA|
Upon successful completion of all modules, students will be eligible for the Advanced Diploma in Information Technology awarded by Informatics Academy.
Upon successful completion of the Advanced Diploma in Information Technology awarded by Informatics Academy, the student is eligible to apply for a Bachelor degree programme in Information Technology discipline.
About the School
Established in 1983 to address Asia’s need for IT expertise, Informatics Academy has transformed through the years into a centre of excellence in higher learning. By offering diplomas and degrees in v ... Read More