The Advanced Diploma in Information Technology course aims to equip students in all aspects of IT, but particularly focuses on computing and network systems, database systems, web technologies and project management. Students can choose prescribed elective modules that will provide them with specialized skills to implement IT services and solutions for the business, digital media and computer technology industries. In addition, the course aims to develop students’ analytical and personal skills necessary to work in a specialized computing and management environment.
Methods of Assessment
Each module will be assessed through a combination of class presentations, discussions, assignments, project work and/or written examinations.
Students must complete 6 core and 2 elective modules from one of the 3 options:
- Business IT
- Digital Media
- Computer Technology
Candidates who successfully complete all course work and pass the examinations will be awarded with the Advanced Diploma in Information Technology from MDIS.
- Project : VMware vCloud Automation Center: Install, Configure, Manage
- IT Project Management
- Elective Module 1
- Elective Module 2
- Database Systems
- Network Technology
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Advanced Web Technologies
- Object Oriented Programming
Applicants must be of age 16 and above, and possess one of the following admission requirements:
- Obtain at least a Grade E at GCE 'A' level in any 2 subjects
- Diploma in Information Technology awarded by MDIS
- Higher NITEC (IT related)
- Diploma from recognised local polytechnics, overseas polytechnics, professional institutes
- Other IT related qualifications or equivalent
Mature applicants with insufficient academic qualification with relevant IT exeprience can be considered on a case-by-case basis.