Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
This two-year advanced diploma focuses on the latest developments in the hospitality and tourism sector. Acquire recognized leadership skills and competencies to effectively manage a team and operations while understanding organizational behavior in the tourism and hospitality industry.
From operational strategies and marketing prowess to how to navigate performance and control systems, learn to lead with service excellence in Canada and beyond. Stay on top of the most up-to-date developments in the hospitality industry while learning industry-recognized tools such as the Oracle Property Management system.
Start online, finish on campus. The program focuses on the latest developments in the field, helping you to:
- Develop professional hospitality management competencies and learn the principles behind important management concepts, such as operational strategies, performance and control systems, and effective marketing approaches.
- Achieve good customer service through successful leadership and teamwork, as well as understanding the difference between individual, interpersonal, and collective organizational behavior.
- Appreciate and understand the role of the manager within the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent or be at least 18 years of age and pass the Wonderlic test.
For non-native English speakers:
- Successful completion of TSoM EAP Level 4 or have the required IELTS of 5.5 scores or equivalent for Non-native English speakers
- Pass the TSoM English Assessment (written onsite or online with exam proctor)
You can expect to work in a range of industry roles, including:
- Front Desk Manager
- Guest Service Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Food Service Manager
- Travel Manager
- Travel Information Manager
- Visitor Information Manager
- Catering Manager
- Event and Meeting Manager
- Sales Manager
- Corporate Travel Manager