Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management
This is a three year course, targeted at those wanting to be managers of restaurants, bars, hotels, clubs, retail food venues, resorts and contract catering operations.
The Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management provides necessary knowledge, management skills, proficiencies and expertise essential to hospitality management. The course will enforce learning to focus on the needs of the customer and will develop the knowledge, skills and expertise to become effective managers. From the course, the candidates will achieve knowledge and understanding of the management of various tourism and hospitality establishments and the range of approaches and strategies appropriate to their context. Also, they will be able to apply the approaches and strategies in relation to management of the tourism and hospitality sectors and implement the strategies, where necessary, in line with the local context.
- The course is intended primarily to address the issue of the shortage of Seychellois managers in the Seychelles hotel Industry.
- B.A. in Hospitality Management by continuing your studies (one year) overseas
- Masters Degree (In Hotel Management) by continuing your studies (two years) overseas
- Provide a broader understanding of the variety of food and beverage operations in the industry, and the skills required to manage them effectively.
- Provide students with an awareness of the strategic planning process and its impact on the hospitality industry.
- Provide students with an understanding of the operational aspects of Front Office and Accommodation management, and the skills required to manage an environment-friendly operation effectively.
- Provide students with an understanding of the financial and accounting records used in the hospitality industry, and the ways these can aid effective managerial decision making.
- Provide students with an understanding of the role of human resource management in the hospitality industry, and the skills required to manage this resource effectively
Entry level requirements
- Cambridge Advanced Level graduates with grades ranging from A-D in any two subjects or overseas equivalent
- Diploma in Business Studies graduates with grades ranging from A-D in any two subjects or overseas equivalent
- Candidates with a diploma from STA or equivalent, with average of 65% general Pass Mark (Academy) & with work based experience at 70% general Pass Mark.
- Candidates with a Diploma from STA or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year continuous working experience in the Tourism and Hospitality field.
- Candidates with an Advanced Certificate from STA or equivalent and with a minimum of three years continuous working experience in the Tourism and Hospitality field. Their recognised competencies against the diploma level will be established through RPL process prior to selection.
- Candidates with an Apprenticeship Advanced Certificate from STA or equivalent and with a minimum of three years continuous working experience in the relevant field. Their recognised competencies against the Diploma level will be established through RPL process prior to selection.
Department responsible: Hospitality Management
Campus: Seychelles Tourism Academy La Misere. Mahé
Course Duration: 3 years (including professional work attachment)
All Core Modules
12 Month Operative Placement
(3 months in Mauritius and 9 months in Seychelles) = 30 ECTS Credits
All Core Modules
As part of the ADHM course requirements, students interested in applying for the ADHM Diploma must have a minimum of 3 month's working experiences in a hotel environment prior to applying to join the course. Once accepted onto the ADHM, students will complete a further 12 months attachment in a hotel in year 2 of the ADHM. On graduating from the ADHM, students who are eligible and progress to the BBS degree in Shannon will have to successfully complete a final placement in hotels prior to graduating.
Students graduate with an STA Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management with accreditation from the Shannon college of Hotel Management. In addition, students who are eligible will have the opportunity to follow a Bachelor of Business Studies from the National College of Ireland Galway, following a further year study in Shannon College of Hotel Management in Ireland.
Program taught in: