BACHELOR OF ARTS (HONOURS) IN GRAPHIC DESIGN (TOP UP)
Coventry University, UK
Intakes: January, April, July, and October
Duration: 1 Year (Full-time)
Graphic Design is a practice-based course with creative, critical, reflective and technical skills developed in the studio and enhanced by pertinent academic writing. Teaching is informed by staff research, practice and expertise. Students are actively encouraged to be imaginative, ambitious and resourceful to face the challenges of an unpredictable, demanding, globally-competitive and technologically-driven world. The course delivery includes a focus on design trends, industry developments, and future job opportunities both from a global as well as an Asia-specific perspective.
Sound pedagogic practice mixed with imaginative delivery and assessment methods will enable students to produce personal and expressive portfolios that demonstrate creative agility and technical prowess. Students will be helped to develop the necessary creativity, critical reflection, questioning, understanding, theoretical underpinning and practical skills to pursue successful professional careers in both home and international contexts.
The course is distinguished by an emphasis on experimentation, versatility, and technical expertise. Students are supported by access to industry-standard software, workshops, and studio environments. Typical graduate portfolios might include branding, publicity, info-graphics, animations, publishing or web and app design in a range of technology and media. Students have the opportunity to work on a mix of in-house assignments, self-initiated tasks, Singaporean, Asian, and international competition opportunities and live project briefs. The course is well established and prides itself on its ability to adapt and thrive in changing intellectual, professional and technical environments.
Staff research, practice, and expertise feed into the course's qualities and characteristics. These chime with Coventry University's Mission Statement to provide outward-facing research with impact, to provide high-quality teaching, and to be dynamic, global and enterprising.
Areas of employment include:
- Creative Director
- Advertising Art Director
- Editorial Designer
- Corporate Identity Designer
- Packaging Designer
- Print Production Manager
- Graphic Designer
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Students whose native language is not English must submit evidence of proficiency in the language. Students must meet the minimum English Standard as stipulated below to commence their registered Bachelor courses with Raffles College of Higher Education.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a minimum score of 6.0, taken during the last two years
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum score of 550 (Paper-based) or 79 (Internet-based), taken during the last two years
- TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) with a minimum score of 650
- GCE 'O' Level English Language Examination of C6
- Completion of Advanced English with Raffles College of Higher Education, Singapore
The minimum age requirement is 18-years of age.
- Design Contexts 3
- Design Practice 3
- PDP 3: Creative Futures
- Typography 3
- Visual Communication 3
- Advanced English: Academic Essay Writing
- Design Promotion
- Enhancing Reflective Study Skills Across Cultural Boundaries
- Global Experience in Art and Design
- How to set up a Freelance Business
* Choose any 1 of the elective modules