BACHELOR OF ARTS (HONOURS) IN GAMES ART (TOP UP)
Coventry University, UK
Intakes: January, April, July, and October
Duration: 1 Year (Full-time)
The intention of the Games Art course is to provide opportunities to guide talented visual artists towards careers in Games and related industries.
In 2016 the video game market generated global revenues of 99.6 billion dollars and it is growing at the astonishing rate of 8.5% every year*. As in recent years, the Asia-Pacific region has steadily grown to become a key player in the game industry, to date this region alone is responsible for generating half of the global revenue. Situated in the world fastest growing games region of Southeast Asia and a multicultural and global financial hub, Singapore is an excellent platform from where to study games and to launch your career in this field.
In order to continue to flourish, the games industry strongly stresses the need to attract talented artists who are willing to stretch their classical observation, drawing and creative skills. It also stresses the importance of a close and cooperative working environment in which these games artists need to understand the technical needs of the games production process to enable the team to produce the best possible outcome.
This BA Games Art course aims not only to develop skills relevant to distinct areas of employment but also to foster collaborative and innovative skills typical of digital entrepreneurs. In order to achieve this goal, at each stage, the course will feature an opportunity to collaborate with technologies in order to learn about industry practices in a simulated games studio environment.
Areas of employment include:
- Games Designer / Artist
- Mobile Games Developer
- Online Interactive Games Developer
- Animation Designer / Artist
- Multimedia Games Designer
- Special Effects Artist
- Character Animator / Rigger
- Texture Artist
- Visual Development Artist
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Students whose native language is not English must submit evidence of proficiency in the language. Students must meet the minimum English Standard as stipulated below to commence their registered Advanced Diploma/Bachelor/Master courses with Raffles College of Higher Education.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a minimum score of 6.0, taken during the last two years
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum score of 550 (Paper-based) or 79 (Internet-based), taken during the last two years
- TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) with a minimum score of 650
- GCE 'O' Level English Language Examination of C6
- Completion of Advanced English with Raffles College of Higher Education, Singapore
The minimum age requirement is 18-years of age.
- Extending Games Art Contexts
- External Project
- Major Project
- Advanced English: Academic Essay Writing
- Design Promotion
- Enhancing Reflective Study Skills Across Cultural Boundaries
- Global Experience in Art and Design
- How to set up a Freelance Business
* Choose any 1 of the elective modules