The Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Finance enables the students working in the industry to attain the thinking skills, creative ability and technical knowledge needed to become professionals in their chosen field of accounting and finance, taking into account the context of their work and the ever changing global environment. Students learn to be flexible and sensitive to the dynamic changes in financial trends, as well as the needs of the industry and their clients.
ERCI runs its classes on a lecture-tutorial system. The average teacher-student ratio for lectures and tutorials are as follows:
- Lectures – 150 Students to 1 Lecturer
- Tutorials – 35 Students to 1 Tutor
Upon completion of the Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Finance, students will be eligible for entry into the final year of the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Accounting & Finance programme offered by University of Greenwich.
Course Delivery and Duration
Students undertaking the Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Finance programme will be expected to complete 13 modules of academic study over 8 semesters. This programme is available on both full and part time basis, and will take 20 months to complete. Full-time students will attend classes 5 days a week on weekdays, while part-time students will attend classes 3 times a week on weekdays and/or on weekends.
Intakes for the Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Finance programme are available 3 times a year. All applications should be submitted to ERCI no later than 1 month before the commencement date.
Courses are assessed by a combination of coursework, practical assignments and examinations. Unless otherwise stated, all modules within the Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Finance programme are assessed based on the 50% Exam component with the rest of the 50% based on individual assignments, class tests, quizzes and group assignments.
Local applicants Requirements
- Minimum C6 in English Language at GCE ‘O’ Levels and;
- Minimum of 3 GCE ‘O’ Level credits or regional equivalent, or;
- ERCI Foundation Certificate in Business Administration / NITEC Qualification.
International applicants Requirements
- Completed Secondary School education in English, or;
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least 5.5; or equivalent
- ERCI Foundation Certificate in Business Administration / NITEC Qualification, or
- A minimum of Year 12 Studies or equivalent to GCE ‘O’ levels.
- Applicants with non-standard entry qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
This school offers programs in: