Administrative Professional Certificate
A pivotal role in the success of all organizations, you will learn the skills and knowledge to take on a wide range of responsibilities that will make you invaluable. You will gain a solid foundation that will allow you to contribute today and grow into the future.
In this 8-month (2 semester) program from the Chiu School of Business you will learn software applications, administrative procedures, information administration, keyboarding, and communications, as well as a range of interpersonal skills that make you an effective and skilled member of any team.
The role of the administrative assistant is rapidly changing and growing in scope and complexity, and this program prepares you to thrive in any office environment.
8-months (2 semesters)
- English 30-1 or English 30-2 or equivalent
- Credit in a Grade 10 Math (excluding Math 10-4 and Math 16 levels)
- Successful completion of the General Educational Development test (GED) with a standard score of 520 in Language Arts: Reading and Writing and 450 in Math
- Satisfactory results on the BVC Admissions Test
NOTE: a minimum keyboarding speed of 25 wpm is strongly recommended
English Language Proficiency Requirement
- For applicants whose first language is not English, please review English language proficiency requirements online.
Work experience options are available. Please contact a Student Engagement Officer for details.
Bow Valley College has a number of transfer agreements in place with other leading Canadian colleges and universities.
About the School
We have reached the top tier of two-year schools in North America by helping students contribute to the full range of their ability, becoming the best that they can be.