Many career opportunities are open to students who complete the Administration of Justice Program, which is designed to prepare students for employment following graduation or for transfer to a California State University offering an upper division major in Administration of Justice. Curriculum covers prevention, discovery, control and treatment of crimes and criminals, evidence collection, criminal law, community relations and other elements of the profession. Professionally rewarding jobs are available in local, state and federal law enforcement. The program is updated with the assistance of an advisory committee consisting of law enforcement and correctional science professionals.
As an Administration of Justice major, you will:
- Study the history, philosophy and theories of crime; the structure of the criminal justice, courts and correctional systems; elements of community relations and current careers.
- Develop skills in criminal investigations and prosecution, community relations and communication.
- Identify an area of specialization in the administration of justice field.
- Associate in Science in Administration of Justice for Transfer
- Associate in Arts in Administration of Justice
Certificate of Achievement
Administration of Justice
Certificate of Accomplishment
Administration of Justice Reserve Officer Training III – Safety and Security Personnel
- Police Officer (Median Pay $56,980)
- Sheriff’s Deputy
- Court Personnel
- Parole Agent
- Probation Officer
- Correctional Officer (Median Pay $38,970)
- Juvenile Services
- Detention Personnel
- Community Relations Officer
This school offers programs in:
Lassen Community College offers its Administration of Justice Degrees by way of traditional classroom study or by correspondence delivery.