The Accounting & Payroll Administrator program provides students with a well-rounded exposure to the professional business environment, which will help them develop general proficiencies appropriate for a wide range of careers. Graduates will learn the essential skills needed to thrive in a business environment.
In general, graduates will be able to apply widely accepted accounting principles to the business affairs of an organization. They will also apply their skills in using manual accounting as well as computerized accounting systems. Keeping compliant with government legislation, graduates will also be able to prepare accounting documentation as it relates to the payroll cycle and communicate payroll issues to various stakeholders in an organization.
- Associate Membership in the Canadian Payroll Association
- The option to take the Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification from the Certified Payroll Management Program (CPM), issued by the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA)
- Training on the latest software applications required by employers
- Career Services assistance
- Free Microsoft Office Professional Plus, DreamSpark Standard and Office 8
The Accounting & Payroll Administrator program will qualify graduates to pursue positions such as Payroll Administrator, Accounts Payable Clerk Accounts Receivable Clerk, Accounting Assistant and Office Manager. Note: Some career and education options may require advanced degrees, further training or experience.
EMPLOYERS THAT HIRE
- BKC Accounting & Tax Preparation
- First Ontario Credit Union
- Trillium Bookkeeping Services
- Royal Bank of Canada
- ACI Tax Services
- London Tax & Accounting
- and many more
High School Graduation Diploma or Mature Student Status (18 years of age and academic achievement assessment passed). In addition, an entrance assessment must be successfully passed.