In today’s job market, you need practical and marketable skills. The Accounting Technician program offers a combination of general office administration skills, accounting skills and technology with which to help prepare you for opportunities in administrative or financial positions. A very strong aptitude for math is required for this course.
The aim of this program is to provide students with a combination of computer and office administration skills and a practical foundation in accounting, computerized accounting systems and payroll. Students are prepared to enter the employment market upon graduation after a practicum that gives
them on-the-job experience. The graduate should be able to: meet the compliance requirements for the payroll practice through an annual payroll cycle; effectively communicate payroll issues to all stakeholders; and understand the accounting function as it relates to the payroll practice.
· Accounting Clerk
· Accounts Payable Clerk
· Accounts Receivable Clerk
· Audit Clerk
· Tax Return Preparer
· Benefits Officer
· Pay and Benefits Clerk
· Pay Clerk
· Payroll Officer
· Bank Clerk
· Bank Teller
Students must meet ONE of the following criteria:
· Alberta high school diploma, verified by transcript, with 50% or better in Grade 12 English and Grade 10 Mathematics, or non-Alberta equivalent;
· Successful completion of the General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.) with a standard score of 450 or better in English and Mathematics.
Alberta Mature Admission
Students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
· Out of school for two years;
· Be at least eighteen years of age prior to admission;
· Applicants must successfully pass the Reeves College Admissions Test with a minimum score ofm 7/13 on the quantitative analysis portion;
· Thirty-three credits towards an Alberta high school diploma, verified by transcript, with 50% or better in Grade 10 English and Grade 10 Mathematics, or non-Alberta equivalent.
Saskatchewan Mature Admission
· Students must have at least 8 credits towards a high school diploma with a 50% or better in Grade 10 Math and Grade 10 English.
Certification Received - Accounting Technician Diploma
This school offers programs in: