Our TEFL Certificate Program thoughtfully combines current trends in language teaching pedagogy with traditional best practices in the language teaching field. Whether your aim is to teach adults, children, or both, our program content carefully addresses these unique audiences. This is a full-time, daytime program.
- Choose from a 3-month program of TEFL coursework or a 6-month program of TEFL coursework plus TEFL internship
- Learn best practices of various current and traditional methodologies from distinguished teacher-trainers
- Study together with native-English speakers in integrated classes
- Attend local and/or regional professional CATESOL conferences to explore the most recent trends and developments
- Further your career as an English teacher while networking with professionals in the TESL/TEFL field
- Observe teachers in American ESL classrooms and then plan and conduct a lesson at an American school
- Practice your teaching skills in a classroom setting
- Develop the skills you need to succeed in further post-graduate studies in TEFL and related fields
- Gain a competitive edge in the global English teaching job market with opportunities for TEFL internships within our own industry-leading ESL programs
- Presentation Skills Seminar
- TEFL Professional Workshops
- Introduction to Language Learning Theories
- Methods of TEFL
- Teaching the Skills
- Teaching Pronunciation Skills
- Teaching Young Learners (K-12)
- Language Diagnostics and Assessment
- Teaching Practice
For an optional last course and for an additional fee of $2,400, you have the opportunity to apply academic theory and gain practical experience in UCI’s industry-leading ESL programs for up to three months.
About the School
In the U.S. News & World Report annual college survey, UC Irvine is ranked among the top 50 universities nationally, and ranks tenth among all public universities.