Today’s world of communication is continuously expanding and often times deafening. Most people are on communication overload. It is because of this vast array of communication opportunities that strategy has become a critical piece to successful communications. This program focuses on the strategy of the communication channels, as opposed to individual tactics. Whether it is the marketing communications department placing ads or human resources conducting employment search, all have a communication channel. This program will examine strategy and understand communications holistically.
nastya_gepp / Pixabay
- Explore various communication tools and channels and how to use them effectively
- Prepare to be a change agent
- Develop and articulate organization-wide communication strategies
- Enhance critical thinking about all aspects of communication
- Obtain skills to analyze the role of stakeholders, storytelling, research and digital strategy in communication
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market through an internship in a U.S. company
Who Should Attend
Newly-appointed professionals in human resources, marketing, project managers and other positions within a large organization will benefit from the courses in this program. It is also recommended for those in entry-level positions to develop their professional skills to stand out among peers. Participants will obtain a strong foundation in business functions, the tools for business analysis, and management functions.
To earn a certificate at UCI Division of Continuing Education, students must complete all required courses with a grade of “C” or better.
- Leading Successful Organizational Change
- Modern Business Writing
- Communication in a Diverse and Changing Workplace
- Presentation Skills
- Influence, Persuasion, and Negotiation
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Presenting Powerful Business Analytics
As an optional last course and for an additional fee of $2,900, you have the opportunity to apply academic theory and gain practical experience in a variety of businesses and industries for 10 weeks. A research project provides additional training. Also included in the internship is the Résumé Writing and Interviewing Skills workshop.
About the School
In the U.S. News & World Report annual college survey, UC Irvine is ranked among the top 50 universities nationally, and ranks tenth among all public universities.