Project management standards are used around the world in all industries and in all disciplines, and project managers are in demand. The ACP Applied Project Management will help you improve your knowledge and skills in project management and prepare you for the next step in your professional development. This program is aligned with the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), and prepares students to plan, schedule, and implement complex projects. In addition, the program prepares students to sit for the Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification exam.
- Apply fundamental project management principles, theories, and practices, including the basic concepts described in the most current version of the Project Management Institute’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
- Use project management tools and techniques that are effective in initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing a project
- Identify characteristics of high performance teams and ways to manage stakeholder expectations
- Select appropriate techniques to communicate effectively with team members and other stakeholders
- Benefit from a Charter Global Registered Education Provider of the Project Management Institute and satisfy the education requirement for PMP® certification
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market with an internship in a U.S. company
Who Should Attend
The Certificate Program in Applied Project Management is designed for professionals who wish to advance their skills to become project managers or pursue career opportunities in the area of project management.
To earn a certificate at UCI Division of Continuing Education, students must complete all required courses with a grade of “C” or better.
- Presentation Skills Seminar
- Project Launch
- Project Scheduling
- Project Planning
- Project Execution
- Global Aspects of Project Management
- Project Practicum With Multiple Projects
As an optional last course and for an additional fee of $2,400, you have the opportunity to apply academic theory and gain practical experience in a variety of businesses and industries for up to three months. A research project provides additional training. Also included in the internship is the Résumé Writing and Interviewing Skills workshop.
About the School
In the U.S. News & World Report annual college survey, UC Irvine is ranked among the top 50 universities nationally, and ranks tenth among all public universities.