Gain the most comprehensive, real-world training to seek top management positions in the hospitality and tourism industry. Whether you are new to the field or an experienced professional needing refreshed skills, our courses give you the knowledge and preparation needed to earn those coveted positions in high-end hotels, top restaurants, full-service resorts, luxury cruise lines, tourism offices, and other hospitality organizations.
- Examine the current issues impacting global hospitality management
- Use proven marketing and branding techniques to capture and retain the hospitality- and tourism-focused client
- Build and adapt event management and project management skills necessary in the changing hospitality and tourism industries
- Understand how to develop an integrated service culture that supports employee retention
- Learn about the role of sustainability and greening within current hospitality and tourism practices
- Develop accounting and budgeting systems that serve as tools in the hospitality and tourism industries
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market through an internship in a U.S. company
Who Should Attend
This program is designed both for people entering the field and for those who already work in the hospitality and tourism industry but wish to enhance their careers. Examples include:
- Business professionals seeking to enter the hospitality industry
- Hospitality workers who wish to gain management skills for upward mobility
- Developers in the timeshare, vacation ownership, and condominium/hotel industries
- Key personnel working for chambers of commerce, convention and visitors bureaus, tourism boards, and hotel/motel associations
- Other professionals involved in the development of infrastructure for the hospitality industry
To earn a certificate at UCI Division of Continuing Education, students must complete all required courses with a grade of “C” or better.
- Presentation Skills Seminar
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Resource & Leadership for the Hospitality Professional
- Accounting and Budgeting
- Customer Service Management
- Project and Event Management
- Strategic Marketing and Branding for the Hospitality Industry
As an optional last course and for an additional fee of $2,400, you have the opportunity to apply academic theory and gain practical experience in a variety of businesses and industries for up to three months. A research project provides additional training. Also included in the internship is the Résumé Writing and Interviewing Skills workshop.