Now more than ever, innovation and big ideas are essential ingredients to a business’s ability to flourish. And, as any innovator knows, it’s not enough to simply have the idea – you have to know how to implement it. Using proven methods of innovation and design thinking as a framework, students in this unique program will learn new ways to generate ideas, gain deeper insights into their clients, manage creative teams, and drive growth in companies large and small.
- Utilize creative thinking methodologies to generate new ideas, recognize innovative business opportunities, and solve complex problems
- Examine the business models used by great business leaders in a variety of industries and learn to apply the underlying strategies to today’s economic landscape
- Develop a written marketing plan suitable for bringing an innovative product or service to market
- Create and present a business plan for an innovative product or service
- Demonstrate functional business skills in collaboration with entrepreneurs from the business community
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market with an internship in a U.S. company
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for those coming from a variety of backgrounds: international students and professionals who want to bring innovative solutions to market; entrepreneurs who have a desire to grow their business through applied innovation and new technologies; motivated individuals looking to start up a new venture that will thrive in today’s global marketplace; business managers and leaders who wish to shape their business to make a social impact to benefit the community and beyond. Whether working in a large corporate environment, mid-size company or as an entrepreneur, this program will equip all of those in innovative fields to take it to the next level.
To earn a certificate at UCI’s Division of Continuing Education, students must complete all required courses with a grade of “C” or better.
- Presentation Skills Seminar
- Design Thinking & Innovation
- Business Model Design
- Entrepreneurship Ecosystem and Economics
- Marketing and Business Development
- Managing Innovative Teams
As an optional last course and for an additional fee of $2,400, you have the opportunity to apply academic theory and gain practical experience in a variety of businesses and industries for up to three months. A research project provides additional training. Also included in the internship is the Résumé Writing and Interviewing Skills workshop.
About the School
In the U.S. News & World Report annual college survey, UC Irvine is ranked among the top 50 universities nationally, and ranks tenth among all public universities.