The Global Human Resources Management Certificate Program focuses on the application of best practices that are necessary in the growing field of global workforce management. Increasingly, the business world is operating more globally, workplace interactions are getting faster, and the international business is operating 24 hours a day and seven days a week. These developments require a new skillset – an understanding of global workforce leadership that can be applied across datelines and borders. It is now vitally important for business professionals, human resources professionals, and expected international and expatriate employees to be aware of the trends, needs and intricacies of contributing to a global workforce. This program addresses the skills and knowledge required for individuals to be prepared for global human resources management.
- Identify best practices for recruitment, training, compensation, employee relations, and benefits in international staffing and workforce development
- Examine global trends in human resources management and workforce oversight
- Integrate new global technologies, including web-based networking in the human resources function
- Explore effective change management planning and implementation strategies
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market with an internship in a U.S. company
Who Should Attend
This program is designed both for people entering the field and for those who already work in the Human Resources industry but wish to enhance their careers.
To earn a certificate at UCI Division of Continuing Education, students must complete all required courses with a grade of “C” or better.
- Presentation Skills Seminar
- Foundations of Human Resource Management
- International Talent Acquisition and Retention
- Technology Applications in Talent Management
- Global Workforce Management
- Leading Successful Organizational Change
As an optional last course and for an additional fee of $2,400, you have the opportunity to apply academic theory and gain practical experience in a variety of businesses and industries for up to three months. A research project provides additional training. Also included in the internship is the Résumé Writing and Interviewing Skills workshop.