Highly successful businesses know that they can no longer rely solely on their product or service to grow; they must leverage their data to better understand their customers and learn from the collective experiences of their organizations to remain competitive.
UC Irvine’s 3-month post-graduate level Accelerated Certificate Program (ACP) in Data Science & Predictive Analytics for Business Professionals provides individuals the skills needed to effectively collect and manage Big Data and perform data-driven discovery and prediction, extracting value and competitive intelligence for their organizations.
- Learn from industry experts to utilize a combination of science, art, and business techniques to deliver new insights and competitive intelligence
- Develop strategies and skills to effectively collect and manage Big Data and perform data-driven discovery and prediction
- Optimize marketing campaigns and website behavior to increase customer responses and conversions
- Integrate powerful and traditionally untapped sources of information including social data, unstructured text, and big data sets
- Define business goals, prepare data, develop and verify predictive models, and deploy and refine predictive models
- Develop actionable plans to increase sales, reduce marketing costs, and improve customer retention
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market through an internship in a U.S. company
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for students and professionals with a wide range of professional or educational backgrounds including business, science, engineering, information technology and marketing to develop the skills they need to succeed in this exciting, high growth field.
To earn a certificate at UCI Division of Continuing Education, students must complete all required courses with a grade of “C” or better.
- Presentation Skills Seminar
- Applications of Predictive Analytics
- Data Preparation for Data Mining
- Modeling Methods, Deploying, and Refining Predictive Models
- Business Applications of Data Science
- Data Exploration, Analytics, and Visualization
- Big Data Visualization and Analytics
As an optional last course and for an additional fee, you have the opportunity to apply academic theory and gain practical experience in a variety of businesses and industries for up to three months. A research project provides additional training. Also included in the internship are the Resume Development and Interviewing Skills workshops.
Program taught in: