Today’s business environment practically changes overnight. The most successful companies are those whose employees have an understanding of finance and marketing, possess skills to build effective teams, and understand how to manage effectively. This program is designed for those individuals who have minimal business experience and wish to gain an understanding of the managerial functions, roles and skills necessary to succeed in this competitive business world.
- Prepare to enter an MBA program
- Develop managerial skills
- Build effective teams
- Explore business and leadership models
- Obtain a strong foundation in business functions and analysis
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market through an internship in a U.S. company
Who Should Attend
Newly appointed managers from sales, marketing, purchasing, finance, and human resources will benefit from the courses in this program. Participants will obtain a strong foundation in business functions, the tools for business analysis, and management functions.
To earn a certificate at UCI Division of Continuing Education, students must complete all required courses with a grade of “C” or better.
- Presentation Skills Seminar
- Essentials of Management
- Communication in the Business Environment
- Finance for the Non-Financial Business Person
- Integrated Marketing Strategies for Today’s Business
- Strategic Planning
As an optional last course and for an additional fee of $2,400, you have the opportunity to apply academic theory and gain practical experience in a variety of businesses and industries for up to three months. A research project provides additional training. Also included in the internship is the Résumé Writing and Interviewing Skills workshop.