Our Academic Year Programme is for students who study at EC for 24 weeks or more.
Taking the time to seriously focus on your English will open up unlimited opportunities for you. Your English level will greatly improve, broadening your horizons and giving you an advantage in your chosen career or education. On a more personal level, spending time learning English abroad will give you incredible experiences. You will challenge yourself, become more independent and make lasting international friendships.
You’ll get more out of this course if
- Your level is between Beginner and Advanced.
- You want to enter university or embark on a master's degree.
- You want to give yourself a clear advantage in the workplace and expand your career opportunities.
- You want to take a worthwhile sabbatical learning English before continuing your education or career.
- Available in all schools
- Level: Beginner to Advanced / Proficient
- Course starts every Monday; end Friday
- Available all year round
- Lessons per week: 20 (not USA), 24 (USA and Canada), 30
- 1 lesson = 45 minutes
- 20 lessons = 15 hours
- 24 lessons = 18 hours
- 30 lessons = 22.5 hours
- Maximum in class:
- USA and UK 14 (London: 12/Manchester: 15)
- Canada: 15
- Cape Town: 14
What can you expect on this course?
When joining the Academic Year programme you will:
- Sit a placement test to determine your current level of English
- Join a class with others of the same level
- Meet your teachers, mentor and academic year co-ordinator
- Receive your language portfolio, tailored to your own personal needs, goals and motivation for learning
- Embark on a first-class English language course, to develop fluency, accuracy and appropriate uses of English across all four language skills
- Be provided with excellent guidance, monitoring and feedback throughout your course
- Receive continual assessment through class tutorials, homework and regular progress and level tests
- Have confidence that your learning is on track and you are fulfilling your English language potential
This school offers programs in: