“The objective of the Phoenix Academic English for High School Preparation Program is to prepare students to enter secondary education in Australia.”
The Academic English for High School Preparation Program is run from the Academy’s Perth city campus in a peaceful garden setting, located only 10 minutes from the city centre. The city campus also includes Beatty Lodge (self-catering on-campus accommodation) should parents and families decide to visit from overseas. Students come from all over the world to study in the Academy’s Academic English for High School Preparation Program, and this nationality mix ensures a culturally sensitive and safe environment for young people.
- Intensive study of English Language - grammar and language functions “The objective of the Phoenix Academic English for High School Preparation Program is to prepare students to enter secondary education in Australia.”
- English language training in secondary school skill areas related to High School subjects
- Reading and Note Taking strategies and skills
- Essay Writing Skills
- Oral Communication and Listening Skills
- IT Studies, Media Studies , Drama
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Australian History & Culture
- Study skills, research skills, speed reading, writing reports and assignments
- Small classes
- Full recreation program: A range of sporting/cultural excursions are organised by the school during class-time to facilitate students’ understanding of Australian society, and prepare them for integration into an Australian secondary school enviroment.
The course is designed to focus on the skills required for further study at an Australian high school. The four skills of writing, reading, speaking and listening are taught within the context of learning about Australian and Global systems and societies.
English Language Requirements for Entry to High School:
All high school students are expected to prove their current English level (eg Cambridge ‘O’ or ‘A’ Level; IELTS; TOEFL etc). Students unable to do so must complete the iPEPT (Internet based Phoenix English Proficiency Test) English Assessment which is available through this office or through selected Education Agents. If an English level is not provided to ETI then a mandatory thirty weeks of English will be recommended prior to entering formal studies at High School. All students having completed a pre-cursor English course (and Direct entry students) must meet mandatory English levels as per the table below. Student progress will vary depending on individual circumstances, eg. commencing language level; home environment; commitment to learning; age and cultural differences.
The length of study:
Students can study from between 2 and 48 weeks at Phoenix Academy. The length of their preparation course is determined by their level of English, as indicated in the table below.
2015 Tuition Fee: Phoenix Academy
- A$395/wk (01 - 11 weeks)
- A$390/wk (12 - 23 weeks)
- A$385/wk (24 - 35 weeks)
- A$380/wk (36 - 48 weeks
Enrolment fee A$225
Academic Service fee A$425