This course provides the fastest and most effective route towards reaching your required English language level. It's specially designed to meet your individual learning needs, with five tailored study levels to ensure you gain the language fluency and academic skills you need to succeed.
- As a highly engaged and hard-working student, you can expect to make rapid progress of up to one IELTS point per term through this intensive course. INTO students completing a term of Academic English in December 2017 made on average 0.8 of an IELTS band progress.
- Study 30 learning hours, with 25 hours of face-to-face contact, and 5 hours of teacher-supported online language development.
- Developed in partnership with Cambridge Assessment, tailored online assessment enables your progress to be accurately monitored.
- Benefit from interactive lessons and small class sizes.
- Free INTO "Get Ready for English" course available online pre-arrival.
- develop your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills, and learn to communicate effectively in English
- grow your vocabulary through discussion on current affairs
- study real-world subjects to make learning come alive
- learn to express your opinions and challenge the ideas of others
- learn how to give presentations and write academic essays
- access dedicated teaching and online resources through the MyINTO platform to support your learning and prepare you for your exams
Key course facts
- Course length: 1-4 Terms
- Start dates: 2018: September; 2019: January, April, June, July, September; 2020: January, April, June, July
- Fees: From £4,900
- Class hours: 25 hours per week minimum
- Class size: 18
- Class duration: Typically held Monday to Friday between 08.00 - 19.00 excluding bank holidays. However, there may be instances where classes need to be held outside these times due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Course options: 1 term = 10 teaching weeks. 16-week summer course also available
- English language requirements: From IELTS 3.0.
- Age requirements: 16 years and above. You must also meet the minimum age requirements for your chosen academic programme. Please contact INTO Admissions for further information.
*Please note that the prices for courses due to commence in the academic year 2019 – 2020 have not yet been confirmed. The prices that are shown for the current academic year of 2018 – 2019 will be subject to an increase of up to a maximum of 4%. As soon as the prices for 2019 – 2020 are confirmed they will be updated so please continue to check here for the most up to date information*.
Program taught in:
See 11 more programs offered by Newcastle University »
Last updated December 4, 2018
This course is
June 27, 2019
From £4,900. Additional fees may apply.
June 14, 2019
June 27, 2019
Sep 6, 2019
July 25, 2019
Dec 6, 2019
Sep 23, 2019
Dec 6, 2019
Jan 6, 2020
Mar 20, 2020
Apr 2, 2020
June 12, 2020
June 25, 2020
Sep 4, 2020
July 23, 2020
Dec 4, 2020