Washington State University
The Academic English Program at Washington State University is an accredited, academic preparation intensive English program facilitated by the Intensive American Language Center at INTO Washington State University. The Academic English program provides high-quality English language instruction in a supportive, respectful environment to help students meet their academic, professional and personal goals and to prepare students to study at Washington State University.
What you'll learn:
- Present spoken and written ideas accurately and effectively in English;
- Write research papers with proper use of citations and references;
- Read, understand and critically evaluate academic texts;
- Understand and use vocabulary common to academic disciplines;
- Take useful and accurate notes in academic lectures and presentations;
- Understand US values in an academic setting,
Key course facts
- Course length: 1-3 Semesters
- Start dates: 2019: January, May, August; 2020: January, May
- Fees: From $6,900
- Class hours: 12-16 hours per week
- Class size: 15
- Award: Upon successful completion of Academic English, students may progress to an INTO WSU Pathway program or apply directly to Washington State University.
- Course options:
- Academic requirements: High school diploma required
- English language requirements: No English language requirement; students will be assessed and placed upon arrival
- Age requirements: 16 years and above.
*Please note that the prices for courses due to commence in the academic year 2019 – 2020 have not yet been confirmed. The prices that are shown for the current academic year of 2018 – 2019 will be subject to an increase of up to a maximum of 4%. As soon as the prices for 2019 – 2020 are confirmed they will be updated so please continue to check here for the most up to date information*.
See 25 more programs offered by Washington State University »
This course is
1 - 3 semesters
From $6,900. Additional fees may apply
Exploring computer science: Saurabh's experience
Studying abroad: a day in the life of Gift