The academically-rigorous program provides high-quality English language instruction and the skills to succeed at The University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Course length description: Spring: 15 weeks (including orientation) Summer: 14 weeks (including orientation) Fall: 15 weeks (including orientation)
What you'll learn:
- Present spoken and written ideas accurately and effectively in English;
- Write research papers with proper use of citations and references;
- Read, understand and critically evaluate academic texts;
- Understand and use vocabulary common to academic disciplines;
- Take useful and accurate notes in academic lectures and presentations;
- Understand US values in an academic setting.
Key course facts
- Course length: 1-3 Semesters
- Start dates: 2018: October; 2019: January, May, August; 2020: January, May
- Fees: From $7,060
- Class hours: 18 hours per week minimum
- Award: Academic English students may progress to a Pathway program or direct admission to a UAB degree program after achieving the language level required and meeting all other requirements.
- Course options:
- Academic requirements: High school diploma required
- English language requirements: No English language requirement; students will be assessed and placed upon arrival
- Age requirements: 17 years and above.
*Please note that the prices for courses due to commence in the academic year 2019 – 2020 have not yet been confirmed. The prices that are shown for the current academic year of 2018 – 2019 will be subject to an increase of up to a maximum of 4%. As soon as the prices for 2019 – 2020 are confirmed they will be updated so please continue to check here for the most up to date information*.
About the School
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is a comprehensive urban university with a nationally-recognized academic health center. It is the biggest research institution in the state of Alabama and the ... Read More