The Academic English program at INTO Illinois State University prepares international students, like you, for university study in the US. This academically rigorous program provides you with high-quality English language instruction and the academic skills to succeed at Illinois State.
What you'll learn:
- Present spoken and written ideas accurately and effectively in English
- Write research papers with proper use of citations and references
- Read, understand and critically evaluate academic texts
- Understand and use vocabulary common to academic disciplines
- Take useful and accurate notes in academic lectures and presentations
- Understand US values in an academic setting
Key course facts
- Course length: 1-3 Semesters
- Start dates: 2018: October; 2019: January, May, August; 2020: January, May, August; 2021: January, May
- Fees: From $3,250
- Class hours: 12-16 hours per week
- Class size: 15
- Award: You may progress to a Pathway program to a university degree program after achieving the language level required and meeting all other requirements.
- Course options:
- Academic requirements: High school diploma required.
- English language requirements:
- 1 Semester: No English language requirement; students will be assessed and placed upon arrival.
- 2 Semesters: No English language requirement; students will be assessed and placed upon arrival.
- 3 Semesters: No English language requirement; students will be assessed and placed upon arrival.
- 8 Weeks: No English language requirement; students assessed and placed upon arrival.
- Age requirements: 17 years and above.
*Please note that the prices for courses due to commence in the academic year 2019 – 2020 have not yet been confirmed. The prices that are shown for the current academic year of 2018 – 2019 will be subject to an increase of up to a maximum of 4%. As soon as the prices for 2019 – 2020 are confirmed they will be updated so please continue to check here for the most up to date information*.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 11, 2018