George Mason University
The Academic English program provides you with top-rate English language instruction and the academic skills to succeed at Mason.
What you'll learn:
- Present spoken and written ideas accurately and effectively in English;
- Write research papers with proper use of citations and references;
- Read, understand and critically evaluate academic texts;
- Understand and use vocabulary common to academic disciplines;
- Take useful and accurate notes in academic lectures and presentations;
- Understand US values in an academic setting.
Key course facts
- Course length: 1-3 Semesters
- Start dates: 2019: January, May, August; 2020: January, May
- Fees: From $8,610
- Class hours: 18-22 hours per week
- Class size: 20
- Award: After finishing this intensive program, successful students will be able to progress to undergraduate or graduate degree programs at George Mason University.
- Course options:
- Academic requirements: High school diploma required.
- English language requirements: No English language requirement; students will be assessed and placed upon arrival
- Age requirements: 17 years and above.
*Please note that the prices for courses due to commence in the academic year 2019 – 2020 have not yet been confirmed. The prices that are shown for the current academic year of 2018 – 2019 will be subject to an increase of up to a maximum of 4%. As soon as the prices for 2019 – 2020 are confirmed they will be updated so please continue to check here for the most up to date information*.
See 50 more programs offered by George Mason University »
This course is
1 - 3 semesters
From $8,610. Additional fees may apply
Jan 14, 2020
May 11, 2020
Masters of Arts in International Commerce and Policy: Kevin's experience
Studying abroad: a day in the life of Ade