The Academic English program at INTO New York at Drew University prepares international students for university study in the US. The academically rigorous program provides international students with high-quality English language instruction and the academic skills to succeed at Drew University.
What you'll learn:
- Present spoken and written ideas accurately and effectively in English
- Write research papers with proper use of citations and references
- Read, understand and critically evaluate academic texts
- Understand and use vocabulary common to academic disciplines
- Take useful and accurate notes in academic lectures and presentations
- Understand US values in an academic setting
Key course facts
- Course length: 1 - 3 Semesters
- Start dates: 2019: January, May, August; 2020: January, May
- Fees: From $6,120
- Class hours: 12-16 hours per week
- Class size: 20
- Award: You may progress to a Pathway program or direct admission to a Drew University degree program after achieving the language level required and meeting all other requirements.
- Course option: 4-5 Semesters. The Academic English program prepares you for university study in the US.
- Academic requirements: High school diploma required
- English language requirements: From IELTS 0.0 or TOEFL 0.0 or equivalent
- Age requirements: 16 years and above. Interview required
*Please note that the prices for courses due to commence in the academic year 2019 – 2020 have not yet been confirmed. The prices that are shown for the current academic year of 2018 – 2019 will be subject to an increase of up to a maximum of 4%. As soon as the prices for 2019 – 2020 are confirmed they will be updated so please continue to check here for the most up to date information*.
About the School
INTO Drew University is a popular choice for international students looking to be part of an intimate and nurturing setting. Their one-on-one approach to learning ensures that you are never lost in th ... Read More