The Associate of Science in General Studies program is designed specifically for adult students who have little or no college experience. We know that altering your schedule and commuting to campus can be difficult. Fortunately, you can earn the core general education courses you need to advance toward a bachelor’s degree from the comfort of your home or office.
A general studies degree is for:
- First time college students in search of general education requirements necessary for a bachelors degree.
- Students who have completed some college coursework and now seek to transfer into an online Associate of Science degree program to accomplish a degree.
- Individuals who want to begin working toward a college degree while exploring areas of interest related to a variety of different career paths.
What you’ll achieve:
- Improved written and oral communication skills
- Increased technological literacy
- Robust critical thinking and reasoning ability
- Stronger understanding of different cultures
- Refined global awareness
Online program facts
- No specific class or login times – Complete coursework when it’s convenient
- Full-time or Part-time – Flexible options provide a healthier work/life balance
- Accelerated – Most courses are only 5 weeks in length
Potential Career Options
While the Associate of Science in General Studies may serve as a stepping stone to further your education, it can prepare you for career fields that require analytical thinking and strong written and oral communication skills. These can include:
- Office Supervisor
- Sales Representative
- Customer Service
- Executive Assistant
To qualify for admission, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 21 years of age or older (unless approved by Department Chair).
- Possess a valid High School Diploma or GED.
- If transferring college credits, have the ability to obtain official transcripts from all previously attended institutions.
- In order to sign up for online classes at UMO, you must have regular access to the Internet and email, as well as, be familiar with creating, formatting, and attaching Microsoft Word documents.
Tuition & fees:
- $425 per semester-credit hour
- Active duty military pricing: $200 per semester credit hour
- No Application Fee
- No Technology Fee
- $50 confirmation deposit applied toward tuition