The Network Engineering Technology Associate in Science (A.S.) degree program at Valencia College is a two-year program that prepares you to go directly into a specialized career in computer networking.
With the number of cyber attacks on the rise and confidential information becoming increasingly vulnerable, the need for networking specialists and information security analysts continues to grow. Valencia’s Networking program has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance by the National Security Agency and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security—one of only 30 centers in the nation—to help meet this critical need. With Valencia’s program, you will be trained to design, administer, maintain and support local and wide area network systems. Graduates will be qualified for exciting technological roles in network design and installation, infrastructure, security and maintenance, incident response, inter-network communications, network monitoring and administration, and cybersecurity.
- Cloud Infrastructure Security
- Cyber Forensics
- Cyber Security
Industry Certifications Available:
- A+, Network+ and Security+
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and (CCNA-Security)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (HFI)
- AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE)
This program is designed to prepare students for careers in network engineering technology and IP Communications. Graduates will be qualified for technological roles in network design, network infrastructure, network installation, network security and maintenance, inter-network communication and connectivity, network monitoring and administration, and digital forensics and incident response. This hands-on program includes several courses that are essential in preparing individuals for achieving the requirements to take the examinations of various certifications including: A+, Network+, Security +, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Associate-Voice (CCNA-V), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security (CCNA-Security), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (HFI) and AccessDate Certified Examiner (ACE).
Learn How To
- Deploy LAN, WAN and remote access services.
- Integrate voice over IP, wireless, mobile communications, virtualization and convergence technologies into the Network Enterprise Center.
- Manage data center facilities and supporting infrastructure operations.
- Harden information systems and network infrastructure against security breaches.
Career opportunities are available in virtually any company or business that has a computer network. One of the fastest-growing occupations in our region is for network and computer systems administrators. And, as cyber threats continue to grow, the demand for information security analysts will continue to increase as these analysts will be needed to come up with innovative solutions to prevent hackers from stealing critical information or creating havoc on computer networks.
- Network and Computer Systems Administrator
- Network Support Technician
- Computer Support Specialist
- Network Security Specialist
- Systems Security Analyst
- Information Security Manager
About the School
Valencia College won the 2012 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, recognizing it as the best two-year college in the United States. We were named the best because we provide a quality educat ... Read More